Thursday, October 18, 2007

Giving is a privledge

One verse of the Bible that seems to be a thought around which my life and calling centers is 2nd Corinthians, chapter 8, verse 3 and 4...

One has to read the whole chapter to get the context, but if you trust me then you will let me summarize the context: Paul is writing to people in Corinth about the extraordinary giving of the Macedonians, a peer group of Christians, with the intent of encouraging and stretching their generosity in giving.

... I guess I really connect with and am challenged by the quality of desire to be involved on the part of the Macedonians: "begging for the opportunity to take care of the needs of others" [my paraphrase].

There is much more to say on this, which I look forward to doing in later posts. But I'm also committed to making posts here brief.

I wanted this, my first, post on this blog to be core to what I believe I am called to be and promote:
an encouragement toward generosity.

No comments: